Here are five things I will do:
1. Post anything about how we talk to each other at work (and in the press and on TV, because that’s my work) that’s driving me crazy
2. Name names of people who I think are the enemies of Talknormalism. I’m not scared of you! Maybe because you don’t know I exist. Yet.
3. Name names of the friends of Talknormalism. You are out there, and you have gone unrecognised too long.
4. Interview expert friends of Talknormalism and blog or podcast their advice on how to improve your interviews, webcasts, podcasts, blogs or web sites.
5. I have some really nice Make the bad noises stop mugs, which I will send to deserving causes for free.
Here’s what I won’t do:
1. Though I may, on occasion, use amusing or sad stories from my media training, I won’t identify anyone or wash your dirty linen in public. The training is our secret.
2. I will disclose an interest, when it’s relevant. I won’t say nice things about companies just because I have earned money by training them.
4. I won’t plug my many books or media training services, except when there is such a clear commercial advantage in doing so that it’s unavoidable. You have a choice of 70 million blogs where I don’t sell you stuff; it’s not unreasonable.
Here’s what I want from you, yes you:
1. The odd comment or link or offer of help would go down well.
2. If you want to pass on the word to others, do it. If you’re a really good friend of Talknormalism, I’ll send you a mug. Everybody likes free mugs.